I think by now most of you know my special affection towards beef recipes. I love dry preparations of beef. So when I saw this recipe in Magic Oven in Kairali TV, I could not stop myself from trying this out. I already have a Beef Fry Recipe in this space, but this one had a different set of ingredients. One of the best things about this recipe is that it does not have too many ingredients nor too many steps is needed to cook up this dish. So this being an Easy Beef Fry recipe, I had to try it out!
Serves 5-6 people
|Beef||- 1 kg|
|Red Chilly Flakes||- 4 tbsp|
|Garlic||- 8 big pods|
|Fennel Seeds||- 1 tbsp|
|Turmeric||- 1/2 tsp|
|Vinegar||- 1 tbsp|
|Curry Leaves||- 2-3 twigs|
|Coconut Oil||- 3 - 4 tbsp|
|Salt||- to taste|
- Cut the beef into small cube pieces.
- Smash the Fennel Seeds and Garlic into a coarse mixture. You could grind Red chilies to make the red chilly flakes.
- Mix all the ingredients except coconut oil and curry leaves into the cubed beef pieces and let it marinate for 15 minutes. Marinating is optional, if you need to rush through.
- Pressure cook the beef until it is 3/4th done. No need to add any water.
- Release the pressure carefully & slowly and open the cooker when it is safe to and continue cooking it until the water from the beef is almost evaporated.
- Add the coconut oil and curry leaves to the cooker and keep stirring until it reaches the dryness you need.
You could use more oil, if you need to fry it really dark. This beef goes well with all kinds of rice and breads. For a beef lover, this would also work as an appetizer.