Saturday, February 27, 2010

Nadan Beef Curry

Beef is one of our family favorites, especially R's! I know, I know, red meat is not so good for health and it is recommended that its consumption be limited! I tell this all the time too, though I can't stop eating beef once it is prepared. This is a quick and easy beef preparation that I came across in the Vanitha magazine in the article "Taste Route".


Beef- 2 lbs
Onion- 1 (chopped)
Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
Chilly Powder- 2 tbsp
Coriander Powder- 1 1/2 tbsp
Cinnamon- 2 - 1" pieces
Cloves- 5
Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
Fennel Powder- 1 tsp
Garlic- 15 pods
Ginger- 3" piece
Coconut Oil- 2 tbsp
Salt- to taste
Curry Leaves- 2 twigs

1. Mix the cube sized beef pieces with Turmeric Powder, Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder, Pepper Powder, Fennel Powder, smashed Ginger and Garlic, Cinnamon, Cloves and Salt well.
2. Keep aside this marinated beef for at least 1 hour.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
4. Add some curry leaves and let it splutter.
5. Add the onion and saute until transparent.
6. Add the marinated beef, mix well and let it cook. No water is needed, as there will be water coming from the beef.
7. Open the cooker after the pressure is gone.
8. You could reduce the water by heating it a little more or add additional water if you need more curry.


It is an excellent spicy beef dish and a quickie too!

I also need to share with you some awards that I have received:

Jisha, Neetz, Aparna, Sandhya and Kairali Sisters has shared the Smart Blogger Award with me!


Neetz and Aparna has shared the Blog Lovin Award with me!


Priya has shared the Lovely Blog Award with me!


Cool Lassi(e) has shared the Kreativ Blogger Award with me!


Aparna has shared the Thank you Award with me!



Jagruti has shared the Friendship Gift with me!
 
 
Thank you dear friends for sharing these awards with me and inspiring me to keep going! I would like to share this award with all my blogger friends!

35 comments:

  1. Dear Fatima
    Forget about that hoax , that red meat is bad...it is bad in India, nowhere else , if it was that bad , it would have vanished from the market long back.
    This is a awesome recipe, if I can get the spice, I will try it here in Milan only.
    India except calcutta or Kerala, you dont get beef .
    For my wife , I will try it on lamb/goat,,but it wont be anywhere near beef
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry dear, don't eat beef for religious reasons.
    I bet this recipe with lamb is equally good! Congrats on all your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The classic pressure cooker recipe!
    I don't use beef but the recipe is ditto for lamb and chicken; loved the 'bowl' too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congraz on all your awards fathima, hope lots more come your way...keep going...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very tempting recipe dear....Thanks for visitng my blog and for the lovely comments...Wish i cld have this curry now with some parathas...

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW beef curry nalla thattukada stylil thenneyanallo...kandite kothiyavunnu...yummmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, there is nothing like a good Naadan beef curry. This looks so good. My beef recipe is very similar, I add coconut slices to it, so yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on you awards Fathima! The beef looks so yummy! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ayyoh fathima beef njan kazhikillappa..curry kanditu nannayitundennu thonnunnu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your awards!! njoyy them...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beef is important because it helps to build up the blood; it is not good because of the fat. So lean beef is the vest choice, if one can eat beef.

    Your recipe sounds delicious, full of wonderful and warm flavors.

    Thank you for sharing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. innu beef curry-yude karyam orthathe ullu...adipoli aayittundu ketto...
    Congrats on your awards Fathima !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratz Fathima!keep rocking...
    n tempting post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beef curry looks yummy, congrats for all the awards....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your awards and wish you more such awards.
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. goodness looks so so awesome and yummy :)..pass a plate please :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Fathima, Thanks for your comment on my 100th post...Have a nice trip to India...I could understand how much you should be excited by now..Please try your level best to send some entries to my event..Take Care..

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow!!! Beef curry looks terrific and yummy deary...ente Fav..looks superb

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish you and your family a very Happy Holi.
    Congrats for all your awards. Beef curry looks delicious and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful recipe Fathima!! I m drooling over the pic... inviting pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi dear, Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comments:)

    U got a wonderful space, loved ur Carrot Kums and Mutta Surka recipe, will try them soon....

    Glad to follow u, Keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't eat beef this looks terrific!Congrats and wishing many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice presentation!!!! Kandittu oru rakshayum illa.Vaayil vellam varunnai

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yum.. on a lent now so will have to wait now till April to do some of this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Fathima....the curry looks so delicious and tempting...may be I can try this with lamb :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved both dish and the dish..look good .

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for visiting my blog..i can't believe I did not discover your blog sooner! What a lovely blog with awesome recipes! And we are from the same state too - not very far away huh :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey Fatima,

    My first time here. So glad to see meaty recipes with so many Indian Spices :-) love the beef curry.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on your awards
    http://padhuskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, when I make beef curry, it takes so much time. Thanks for this quick and easy version. Have a look at my blog if you have time. I'm new to it. http://touchofbasel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. hai.it looks very tempting .nice work

    ReplyDelete
  32. I tried this..it was excellent..and thank you Fathima for your wonderful recipe.._/\_

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi,
    The picture looked so tempting and I tried it.. But 2 tbsp of chilly powder?? Seriously?? It turned out to be toooo spicy.. I had to add more coconut cream.. Still it was too spicy.. My husband also was kinda disappointed.. :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fizzzz,

      Sorry to hear that it turned out to be too spicy! It is a spicy dish as mentioned in the recipe! I would suggest you adjust the spices based on your taste and spice levels.

      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails