Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy Beef Chilly Fry

I think by now most of you know my special affection towards beef recipes. I love dry preparations of beef.  So when I saw this recipe in Magic Oven in Kairali TV, I could not stop myself from trying this out.  I already have a Beef Fry Recipe in this space, but this one had a different set of ingredients. One of the best things about this recipe is that it does not have too many ingredients nor too many steps is needed to cook up this dish. So this being an Easy Beef Fry recipe, I had to try it out!


Serves 5-6 people
Beef- 1 kg
Red Chilly Flakes- 4 tbsp
Garlic - 8 big pods
Fennel Seeds- 1 tbsp
Turmeric- 1/2 tsp
Vinegar- 1 tbsp
Curry Leaves- 2-3 twigs
Coconut Oil- 3 - 4 tbsp
Salt- to taste



  1. Cut the beef into small cube pieces.
  2. Smash the Fennel Seeds and Garlic into a coarse mixture. You could grind Red chilies to make the red chilly flakes.
  3. Mix all the ingredients except coconut oil and curry leaves into the cubed beef pieces and let it marinate for 15 minutes. Marinating is optional, if you need to rush through.
  4. Pressure cook the beef until it is 3/4th done. No need to add any water.
  5. Release the pressure carefully & slowly and open the cooker when it is safe to and continue cooking it until the water from the beef is almost evaporated.
  6. Add the coconut oil and curry leaves to the cooker and keep stirring until it reaches the dryness you need.

You could use more oil, if you need to fry it really dark. This beef goes well with all kinds of rice and breads. For a beef lover, this would also work as an appetizer.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful clicks..Looks so perfect and m drooling

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my, njan beef kazhikkila, ennitu polum kothy sahikunilla tto, Kannedukane thonanilla..Kidilan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very tempting just like your previous beef fry, but yes this sounds much more easier than that. Have to try this..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kandittu kothiyavunnu..super delicious beef chilly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adipoli fry , veggie aya enniku polum kothi varunnu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Fatima
    How are you? I feel good reading your comment at my blog. I am off blog these days and missing many postings. Now I see I have missed only the puff:-)
    This is a great recipe! Will try soon with mutton (I know nothing can replace beef in taste).
    I have tried your other fry recipe few times with mutton and it is really great. Will try with beef when I go abroad or to Calcutta or Kerala. ( You get real beef in W Bengal and Kerala, elsewhere it is all buffalo meat).
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. adipoli :)

    Cheers,
    Reshmi
    www.rookieqookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome ! I love beef the most when it's fried :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. not fair fathima, u tempt us with the pics n we don get to eat it :) I am definitely planning a road trip the next time u r making this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luv to seeCool Coastal line of recipes in ur blog....yum yum...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Queen of Beef recipes. Thx for posting

    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it sounds and looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Fathima..
    Tried this recipe & came out pretty good. Was wondering though.. why you omitted Coriander powder, garam masala, black pepper & chilly powder :) Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherin, Was on a lookout for recipe w/ not much ingredients and hence just went with the list of ingredients :-) thanks for letting me know ur comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great recipe tried today, came out very well. Husband surprised how with little ingredients it was yum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi ! Great recipes and I m a big fan ... Being from the North I've always stuck to vegetarian north indian dishes .. but my Mallu finace' is quite impressed with the culinary additions...Thank you for sharing. While scouting for ingredients I notice you've mentioned Vinegar but not mentioned where to use it for the cooking bit.. Is it purely for marinating the beef?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is mentioned to mix all the ingredients except coconut oil and curry leaves into the cubed beef pieces for it to marinate. This includes vinegar as well. Vinegar helps in softening the meat and also adds the needed sourness to the dish.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails