Does this even call for a posting in this space? Scrambled Eggs are so simple to make, that I was confused as to whether I should do this as a post in here. But then, this is my life saver recipe and one of my family favorites. I make this when I do not have that much time to cook or when I am not in a mood to cook and still want to eat something tasty.
Serves 4-5 people
|Onion||-1 big (around 1 lb)|
|Chilly Powder||-3/4 tsp|
|Grated Coconut||-1/2 cup|
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the finely chopped onions and little salt and saute well.
- When the onion turns translucent, add the finely chopped green chilly and chilly powder and saute for a minute.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well for a minute or two.
- Beat the egg with enough salt.
- Add the beaten egg to onions and keep mixing. Add salt, if needed. Continue this until the egg is completely dry and scrambled. This could take up to 10 minutes.
This could be eaten like a thoran (stir fry) with rice, on its own or with rotis. My favorite combo with this is Chapathi. Also you could make sandwiches with this mixture. I am sure most of you make this in one form or the other. This is definitely a quick 'n easy recipe which is super yummy! Sending this to Any One Can Cook Series.