Poori used to be one of my favourites as a kid, and still too. I think most kids like poori. It is something I rarely make, coz of my lazines to knead the dough and roll it out :-). So my son is not familiar with this favourite of most kids. Now it dawned on me that I should introduce my son to this dish.
Eventhough all I have been talking about is Poori, that is not the dish in the limelight. Its the Bhaaji that goes with Poori. Poori Bhaaji.... I am still drooling :-)
This is the list of ingredients that I used to make my version of bhaaji:
Potato - 3 (Medium sized - cut into cubes)
Onion - 1 (Big one - finely chopped)
Mustard - 1 tsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Carrot - 1 (Grated)
Green Chilli - 2 (Cut lengthwise)
Curry leaves - 1 twig
Salt - to taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan and splutter the mustard and curry leaves.
2. Add the Onions and saute till transparent.
3. Add Green Chillies, Turmeric powder and chilli powder and saute for a minute.
4. Add potato, salt and grated carrot and enough water to cook.
5. Close the lid and cook until the potatoes are done.
6. Mash the potatoes and turn off the heat.
Your Bhaaji is now ready to be served with the puris.