|Cashew Nuts||- 15 no:s|
|Oil||- 2 tbsp|
|Cinnamon||- 1" piece|
|Bay Leaf||- 1|
|Onion||- 1 small (finely chopped)|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||- 2 tsp|
|Green Chilly||- 1 (chopped)|
|Tomato||- 1 small (chopped)|
|Turmeric Powder||- 1/4 tsp|
|Kashmiri Chilly Powder||- 2 tsp|
|Chicken||- 1/2 lb|
|Cumin Powder||- 1/2 tsp|
|Garam Masala Powder||- 1/2 tsp|
|Water||- 3/4 cup|
|Cream||- 1/4 cup|
|Salt||- to taste|
|Coriander Leaves||- to garnish|
1. Soak the cashews in water for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add Cardamom, Cinnamon, Bay leaves and Cloves.
3. Wait until the smell of the spices start coming.
4. Add the Onions and saute until transparent.
5. Add Ginger Garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
6. Add Green Chilly and tomatoes and saute for a minute.
7. Add Turmeric and Chilly Powder and saute another minute.
8. Add the chicken pieces and mix well.
9. Add the cumin, garam masala and salt and mix well.
10. Close the pan and let the chicken cook. No water is needed as there will be water coming out of the chicken.
11. Grind the soaked cashews with 1/4 cup of water to a smooth paste.
12. Once the chicken is almost done, add the cashew paste and remaining water and mix well. Let it cook for a couple of minutes.
13. When the chicken is completely cooked, add the cream and cook for 2 minutes and turn off the stove.
14. Garnish with coriander leaves.
This rich and creamy chicken curry would be a perfect accompaniment with Chappathi, Roti, Naan or Jeera Rice.
Now I want to share my excitement with my blogger friends!
I am going on a vacation to India tomorrow for 4 weeks. So you may not see much happening here during this time. Take Care & will see you all in April!