|Rice Flour||- 1/2 cup|
|Besan (Gram Flour)||- 1 cup|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||- 1 tbsp|
|Asafoetida||- 2 pinch|
|Chilly Powder||- 1/2 tbsp|
|Salt||- to taste|
|Water||- 3/4 cup|
|Oil||- as needed for deep frying|
1. Mix all ingredients together except Oil to make a smooth/soft dough.
2. When adding water make sure it is thick and soft enough to be pressed using an Idiyappam maker (Noodle maker).
4. Fill dough into the Idiyappam maker and press the sev into the hot oil.
5. Make sure to place the sev in oil with enough gap, so that they don't stick together.
6. When almost done, turn them over to fry both sides equally.
7. Take the sev off the oil and put them into a tissue paper to drain off any excess oil.
Once cooled, you could store them in containers (if you can resist the temptation). It is an excellent tea time snack!